The United States Air Force Academy Northern Illinois Parents Club (NIPC), established in 1965, is one of the largest and most active clubs in the nation and still going strong.
The mission of the Club is to support the parents of cadets through the trials and tribulations their cadet's experience at the Air Force Academy (USAFA) and to provide recognition and assistance to the cadets themselves as they progress up the line.
As a member, you will receive the following benefits:
- Contact with direct AFA information.
- Annual Holiday gifts to each cadet.
- Invitation to the All Academy Ball; a formal Holiday Military Ball for all 5 Service Academies.
- Adopt-A-Doolie program with an upper-class cadet parent to help you through the first year.
- Graduation gifts to seniors upon graduation.
- Holiday and Birthday cards sent to your cadet by the assigned Class Representatives.
- Notification and invitations to any local Academy events.
- Regular Club meetings and events throughout the year to update and support all parents including: Nominee Brunch, Annual Meeting, Firstie Salute/Spring Meeting, Doolie Parent Picnic, Summer Picnic/Meeting, Fall Meetings to include Football watch parties.
- Parent Weekend information with access to parent club section football tickets.
- Access to Members only section of the Club website
- Supports the Protestant, Catholic and Jewish Chaplain Funds at USAFA with annual donations.
- Supports the Northern Illinois Air Force Liaison Officers in their efforts to select the best candidates for the Air Force Academy admission.
- Supports the Dennis P. Rando Cadet Humanitarian Fund with annual donations
- Supports Air Force Club activities at the Academy through donations.
- Adopt-a-Doolie: Matches new Doolie parents with upperclassmen parents, for the purpose of communication and sharing of information
- Hospitality: Welcomes members and guest at club activities.
- Fundraising: Coordinates / Manages NIPC Club fundraising.
- Raffle: Conducts raffles at club events. Raffles are the biggest fundraising program.
- Photography: Take pictures at meetings/functions to share with our members.
- Chicago Night: Chair or join the super fun spring Committee that travels to USAFA to prepare a hometown meal for our cadets.
- All Academy Ball: Represents the NIPC and AFA on the All-Academy Ball (AAB) Committee. Handles arrangements within the NIPC for this event.
- Class/Alumni Representative: Communicates to/from the Cadets & Parents in the class year group. Send birthday cards and holiday gifts. Coordinates the purchase of a graduation gift for the Firsties.
- NIPC Event Arrangements: Assist with arranging the location for club meetings and special events. May include invitations, collecting responses, decorating, food preps, etc.